Wednesday, July 1, 2009


Thank You!
My Goodness! I struck gold with my rant about the attempt to abolish hot dogs from baseball and football stadiums! I posted my blog just before 4:00pm and by 6:00pm I was inundated with responses! My email box filled with messages from far and wide in support of my stand.
Now mind you, most of them understood this is not about hot dogs, but rather it is about special interest groups and their demands that the rest of the world bow to those demands.
But I did have one from a little guy who does not want to live in a world without hot dogs! His name was Joshua and he is 4 years old.
I also had an email from a man who wants to run for congress! Special interest group money is one of the things he would campaign against. I wish him well, we need him!

I was slightly uncomfortable when I clicked on the “post” button, sending my blog out there to be read by heaven only knows who. I had never gotten political with my blog until today; I had no idea how many people would disagree me, possibly to the point of requesting me to remove their name and email address from my blog reader list. Being a fairly new blogger, I’ve worked hard to make my blog interesting, informative and fun; I’ve stuck to food/cooking, genealogy, painting and the vineyard. It is fun to include all my favorite subjects within one posting.
It is now 10:45pm central standard time, approximately 7 hours after my posting. I have not received one complaint concerning the subject matter, my opinions or the blog in general. On the positive side, would you believe 53 emails encouraging me to stick to my guns, to continue to speak my mind!
My thanks to all of you for your support, I appreciate your messages and I will, indeed, continue to blog….I just hope they don’t get me so riled up anytime soon!

No comments:

Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy

Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy
oil painting by Kay Tucker

Somerset Autumn on Wea Creek

Somerset Autumn on Wea Creek
Oil Painting by Kay Tucker, Private Collection

Floral

Floral
oil painting by Kay Tucker

Kansas Storm

Kansas Storm
oil painting by Kay Tucker, Private Collection

Watercolor Collage

Watercolor Collage

Tempo al Tempo....All in Good Time

Tempo al Tempo....All in Good Time
48"x36" sculptural painting by Kay Tucker