Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I am officially ticked off! There are times when I do not understand Mother Nature! This is one of them.
She knew months ago that I wanted this coming weekend to be perfect, so what is she planning for us? Cold and Rain! Unbelievable.

Because of her inflexibility, we at Somerset Ridge must be flexible. That means we must cancel this weekend’s Art in the Vines! I suppose I should say we are “postponing” it, because we will return! In the spring, on some nice warm day when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping and the buds are popping out all over, Art in the Vines will return to the vineyard….Bigger and Better than ever!

We hope you have a good weekend, even if it is 40 degrees and raining! Open a bottle of Somerset Ridge wine, build a fire in the fireplace, and snuggle up with the one you love. Now that should make Mother Nature very happy!

My Thanks to the 30 artists that have worked so hard to prepare for this event. I am so proud to work with each of you, getting to know you. I hope that we see each of you in the spring!
Until then, I will be painting at ARTichokes, taking more classes (I'll never stop learning!) and meeting more artists....who knows, maybe by springtime I'll have 50 artists lined up!

No comments:

Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy

Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy
oil painting by Kay Tucker

Somerset Autumn on Wea Creek

Somerset Autumn on Wea Creek
Oil Painting by Kay Tucker, Private Collection

Floral

Floral
oil painting by Kay Tucker

Kansas Storm

Kansas Storm
oil painting by Kay Tucker, Private Collection

Watercolor Collage

Watercolor Collage

Tempo al Tempo....All in Good Time

Tempo al Tempo....All in Good Time
48"x36" sculptural painting by Kay Tucker