Monday, September 20, 2010

Color, Color and More Color!

It happened, and we were ready!  It took all of us to pull it together, working long hours, while in some cases, still working on paintings.  But, at the end of the day, the gallery looked beautiful, the food was pretty darned good and the art was looking great!
I have to tell you, the gallery looked beautiful because of Jacquie Davis. She worked for 3 days, scrubbing, polishing, shining, while we were busy at our easels! She was on top of a 10 foot tall ladder pulling down worn awnings; she was on her hands and knees with a scrub brush in her hand. There wasn't an inch of the gallery she did not work on, inside or out.
Jacquie is not one of the artists at For Art'sake, but her husband, Claud, is.  Claud and Jacquie also invited me to spend the night in their guest room so I didn't have to drive home, which I greatly appreciated! I discovered by 10pm, it hurt to stand, sit, lie down, cough, move in general; my bones ached, my head hurt, and I still haven't figured out why.
The North Gallery was filled with paintings by David Gross, Claud Davis, Cher Ulrich and myself. The jewelry was by 5 or 6 jewelry artists, including Amy Thomas of Bonner Springs. There was pottery, fiber art, and metal sculptures. With sparkling clean windows and new lighting above them, our front windows were very interesting.

In the South Gallery, our guests found the paintings of David Robey, and the lamps of Dale Langner and a large table covered with Somerset Ridge Wine and platters of food. Scattered about the gallery were tables and chairs for our guests to enjoy as they visited.

The show will continue to hang for at least 30 days. I will keep you posted as to the future shows at For Art'sake Gallery and Artist's Co-Op Studios.
Thank you to everyone who dropped by, I can't tell you what it means to us. Please return soon!
If you missed our opening celebration, please join us anytime. We are located on the west side of the town square at 10 S Silver in beautiful little Paola, Kansas. It is just 25 miles south of Kansas City!

some of the Somerset Ridge Painters on hand to join in on the celebration
l to r: Vicki Johnston, Kristin Goering, me, Maria Johnson and Audrey Benskin


Now, on to other business....I heard a rumor that the first lady was trying to start a movement against butter. Need I say more? You have read my recipes! Butter is a necessity! So, I decided to share a blog by David Lebovitz. Go to http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/09/how-to-make-irish-butter/
Hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy

Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy
oil painting by Kay Tucker

Somerset Autumn on Wea Creek

Somerset Autumn on Wea Creek
Oil Painting by Kay Tucker, Private Collection

Floral

Floral
oil painting by Kay Tucker

Kansas Storm

Kansas Storm
oil painting by Kay Tucker, Private Collection

Watercolor Collage

Watercolor Collage

Tempo al Tempo....All in Good Time

Tempo al Tempo....All in Good Time
48"x36" sculptural painting by Kay Tucker